Job Title: Senior Design Manager
Job Type: Fixed Term or Permanent
Sector: Fit-Out (Commercial Office Refurbishment/Fit-Out)
Why are they advertising?
Due to organic growth, and an increased work volume during QTR 2,3 & 4 our client are seeking to appoint a Senior Design Manager
Our client is a National Contractor who specialize in Fit-out & Refurb projects. Working in various sectors i.e the Commercial Refurb Sector, Banking Sector, Retail and Leisure Sector.
- Produce and negotiate the project specific designer agreements (using the Company standard format except where novation agreements exist) scope of works and the design management plan ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
- Produce agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
- Manage the design on site with the assistance of other site based resource by implementing the design management procedures to ensure the timely production of information is issued, within budget, fully coordinated and buildable.
- Ensure the design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on all drawings at each stage of their production.
- Ensure all project teams are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities with respect to design management.
- Ensure the project team are working to the agreed Contractors Proposals.
- Provide guidance to the project team on design related issues.
- Liaise with the Principal Design and Building Services Manager to coordinate resource requirements.
- Liaise with the Principal Design and Building Services Manager reporting on project performance and staff pastoral issues.
- Review or participate in PDRs for all staff for which the Senior Design Manager has functional responsibility.
- Assist the Principal Design and Building Services Manager in the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and innovation.
- Maintain close relationships with the Customer and design organisations.
Overview: The functional leadership and management of design management resource on a major project or a smaller cluster of projects within a region or product stream, from pre-qualification to completion.
- Capable of working across one or more commercial office refurbishment projects. The position is based primarily in Warrington.
- The role requires a flexible approach and could occasionally involve visiting projects UK Wide
- During the preconstruction period the role may be based in London for part of the week as such it may involve 2 overnight stays per week regularly for a short period.
- Chartered Architect or Engineer
- Alternatively candidates with a proven track record of managing design delivery within the Interiors Cat A and Cat B new fit out and refurbishment sector will be considered.
Knowledge & Ability:
- Capable of managing the delivery of design for interior fit out projects ranging from £500k to £15M.
- Capable of being single point of accountability for ensuring Management of Design across bid preconstruction and project delivery.
- Advanced knowledge of contracts and contract documentation
- Advanced knowledge of construction materials, methods and technology
- Strong knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation and issues
- Strong knowledge of planning techniques, procurement and management systems
- Strong knowledge of risk management, life cycle cost and value creation
- Knowledge of temporary works
- Strong knowledge of preconstruction process for single and two stage projects.
- Advanced design skills
- Strong negotiation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the market leading Contractor in the UK.
Click 'Apply Now' and send your CV.