Job Title: Senior Building Services Manager
Job Type: Fixed Term or Permanent
Sector: Fit-Out (Commercial Office Refurbishment/Fit-Out)
Why are they advertising?
Due to organic growth, and an increased work volume during our client are seeking to appoint a Senior Building Services Manager.
Our client is a National Tier 1 contractor who specialize in Fit-out & Refurb projects. Working in various sectors i.e the Commercial Refurb Sector, Banking Sector and Retail Sector.
- Assist the project preconstruction team to manage the production of the Contractors Proposals, ensuring they are complete, unambiguous, have been reviewed by the internal precon team, and have been updated to include all post submission internal and external comments.
- Produce and negotiate the project specific services designer agreements (using the Company standard format except where novation agreements exist) scope of works and the design management plan ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
- Produce agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic services design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
- Assist the Principal Services Manager to manage in conjunction with the Bid Centre Manager the selection of services contractors suitable to tender and carry out the work
- Input into the contract review as required.
- Manage the services issues on site with the assistance of other site based resource by implementing the management procedures to ensure the timely production of information is issued, within budget, fully coordinated and buildable.
- Ensure the services design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on all drawings at each stage of their production.
- Ensure all project teams are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities with respect to services management.
- Ensure the project team are working to the agreed Contractors Documents
- Provide guidance to the project team on services related issues
- Liaise with the Principal Building Services Manager to coordinate resource requirements.
- Liaise with the Principal Services Manager reporting on project performance and staff pastoral issues.
- Review or participate in PDR's for all staff for which the Senior Building Services Manager has functional responsibility.
- Assist the Principal Building Services Manager in the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and innovation.
- Maintain close relationships with the Customer and design organisations.
- Capable of working across one or more commercial office refurbishment projects. The position is based primarily in Warrington
- The role requires a flexible approach and could occasionally involve visiting projects
- Chartered Engineer either electrical or mechanical
- Alternatively, candidates with a proven track record of managing building services delivery within the Interiors Cat A and Cat B new fit out and refurbishment sector will be considered.
Knowledge & Ability:
- Capable of managing the delivery of building services design and installation for interior fit out projects ranging from £1M to £15M.
- Capable of being single point of accountability for ensuring Management of building services across bid preconstruction and project delivery.
- Advanced knowledge in contracts and contract documentation
- Advanced knowledge in construction material
- Advanced knowledge in environmental legislation and issues
- Advanced knowledge in health and safety
- Good knowledge in life cycle cost
- Proven ability in design
- Good skills in planning techniques
- Good use of management systems
- Good temporary work skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Advanced procurement skills
- Good risk management skills
- Good skills in value creation
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the market leading Contractor in the UK.
Just click 'Apply Now' and send your CV.