Apply to these jobs
Your CEP Consultant
Email me jobs like this
£75,000 - £90,000 pa
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
car, pension and healthcare
Date Advertised:18th February 2019
Start Date:20th March 2019
Are you a Contracts Manager with residential experience? Are you seeking a new role at the moment? Can you travel around Kent, Surrey, Sussex and SE London? Are you seeking a salary up to £90,000 plus a company car, travel paid, pension, health care and 10% bonus.
My client are a Medium sized Developer and Contractor who build all across the UK. They are seeking a Contracts Manager to come in and help run their South East Region. This Contracts Manager will report into the Construction Director but will cover sites in Kent, Surrey, Sussex and South East London. Generally this can be running up to 6 sites at any time, from 10 units up to 200 units and includes private, social and affordable housing. They build traditional, timber frame and RC frame so experience in all of these types of construction is preferable.
This developer turn over close to £250 million and have been going for over 20 years. They have a huge amount of projects that are live and also lots of work in the pipeline that has planning permission. As a business they want to become one of the largest Developers in the UK. This is a long term goal and they will grow at the right speed.
The ideal Contracts Manager will come from a Developer or Main Contractor background and have a strong knowledge and understanding of all types of residential build. Also the successful candidate should have a history of delivering multiple large scale projects at any time.
This Contracts Manager will report directly into the Construction Director and will have a site team on each project, usually with a Project Manager in charge from each site.
Other duties will consist of:
* Weekly reporting to Construction Director
* Working very closely with the Senior Commercial Manager on budgeting and commercial updates
* Working with the Design team on pre-construction duties
* Fully in charge of every programme making amendments with the Project Managers and keeping all stakeholders informed
* Set the Health and Safety standards on every site under their control
* Be fully involved in appointing and managing the sub-contractors on site
* Training and development of junior staff
* Be the face of the company and live by their values
* Pushing the jobs to hit their deadlines and getting them in on time and under budget
This is a great opportunity to work for a very busy developer who have a huge amount of live projects and pipeline in the South East for at least the last 5 years. They like their contracts managers to know all of their projects inside and out and have a good relationship with all key sub-contractors on their sites.
If you would like to know more please call Ricky in the London office 0203 871 4912 or send in your CV and I will be in touch.