Apply to these jobs
Your CEP Consultant
Email me jobs like this
£55,000 - £86,000 pa
City of London, London, UK
Date Advertised:24th October 2018
Start Date:23rd November 2018
Are you looking to work for one of the busiest main contractors in London currently? Do you enjoy fast paced projects? Like working on multiple tenders at the same time? Are you seeking a salary from £60,000 - £80,000 plus package? If so please read on....
My client are a Tier 1 main contractor who work on all sizes and sorts of projects in Central London. Last year they turned over £1.5 billion and are looking at growing even more at the right pace. They work on projects from £2 million - £300 million however they are looking for an Estimator to join and help with the fit out and refurbishment projects.
Their office is based in the City of London and can be walked to from Cannon Street or Liverpool Street. Currently their is a strong team but due to the amount of work coming in they need to expand the team. This isn't a role where they can take on somebody who isn't used to fast paced work, it needs somebody who can hit the ground running and be left to their own devices. Obviously there will be settling in time but ideally they are looking for somebody that can work on their own straight away.
This Estimator will be reporting directly into the Pre-Construction Director, duties will consist of:
* Appraising tender documents and preparing estimates as necessary
* Pricing of Bills of Quantities including build costs, preliminaries and fees
* Leading tender adjudication meetings
* Risk and value management of tenders. This includes spotting and advising internal teams on potential risks and opportunities in a tender/project
* Investigate and price Value Engineering cost savings where applicable
* To attend client presentations and providing information to clients in a professional manner
* Being a point of contact with clients including raising & answering queries
* Communicate effectively at all times with both clients and internal companies / departments
* Ensuring accurate tracking of all tender documentation
* Researching and understanding current market prices for subcontractors and materials
* Preparing budget estimates and cost plans
* Measuring and pricing accurate complete cost plans
I feel this is a great role for a current Estimator who is looking to join a company that has a huge project load on now and in the future. This position is also paid well with a good bonus structure in place.
If you would like to know more please call Ricky in the London office on 0203 871 4912 or email your CV in and I'll call you directly.