£35,000 - £40,000
Manchester, Manchester, UK
34 Days Holiday, Pension, Health Care
Job Title - Internal Recruiter
Sector - Building, Civils Contractor
Salary Range - £35K - £40K
Package - 34 Days Holiday, Excellent Pension, Health Care, 40 Hour Week
Location - Manchester
Start Date - January
Reporting into the HR Manager, you will be someone who can take overall responsibility for managing the Company's directly employed and third party trades and labour workforce, all associated administration supporting these activities, and reporting on a regular and routine basis to both the Human Resources Manager and the Operational Senior Management Teams.
The Internal Recruiter is expected to assume:
- Effective resourcing of Group sites through directly employed and / or external workers;
- Forging of relationships with external labour providers and evaluation and utilisation of innovative and bespoke methods of labour delivery;
- Handling conflicts, disputes, grievances, disciplinaries, and appeals situations;
- Handling performance management situations such as capability;
- Handling of redundancy skills assessments inclusive of the management of collective redundancy situations;
- Controlling the 'Bonus' system inclusive of working with the commercial team to procure trade work rates, agreeing targets, and measuring work;
- Managing the Company's Cost & Bonus resource inclusive of all aspects of their development, training, and progress through the Company;
- Efficient administration of the weekly direct payroll;
- Efficient administration of all labour-only, agencies, and other external providers payments, inclusive of raising accurate payments against invoices, managing timesheets and invoice queries, and general account management.
- To co-ordinate, chair, and administer a weekly labour meeting with senior members of the Company's operational teams;
- To maintain and develop the Company's labour tracker that controls the co-ordination and prioritisation of labour service delivery across the Group;
- To design, produce, and maintain a skills matrix that highlights employee capabilities, behaviours, and attitudes;
- To liaise with and manage our relationship with UNITE union (previously UCATT) to ensure understanding and compliance of our employment obligations under the CIJC working rule agreement;
- To implement the Company's 1-2-1 strategy with all trades and labour employees Group wide;
- Understanding of employment law and the ability to thoroughly evaluate decisions regarding any aspect employment to safe-guard the Company against potential litigation and employment claims.
As an Internal Recruiter, you will have a great understanding of the construction sector and different job specifications, excellent interpersonal skills, and be highly organised as you will be working in a very pressured, fast paced environment.
- Excellent communicator.
- Comfortable liaising with external project stakeholders such as the Client, Professional Services, Agencies, and the general public.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with senior management.
- Ability to effectively plan resource requirements to achieve desired outcomes.
- Well organised and dedicated.
- Excellent administrator and record keeper.
- Thrives on responsibility.
- Honest and of high integrity.
- Approachable and empathetic where required.
- Comfortable using IT. systems, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, and the like.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Broad experience in the people management sphere inclusive of employment law compliance
- Sound knowledge of a number of different work trades.
- Sound knowledge of the building of work rates and the trade measuring process.
- Understanding of motivation and personnel theories
For your skills and experience they can offer an excellent salary between £35,000 and £40,000 depending on experience, and in addition to the salary they also offer an excellent package including 34 Days Holiday, Excellent Pension, Health Care, 40 Hour Working Week.
For more information call me on 07766781435 or a confidential chat between the hours of 6.00AM - 6.00PM or just click 'Apply Now' and send your CV.