Managing Quantity Surveyor opportunity, initially site based responsible for all financial and commercial aspects of a large new city centre high rise residential project in Birmingham, from project award to final account, leading the site based Quantity Surveying team and working closely with the Project Team to control all commercial & contractual matters. Deliver desired margin return utilising high standards of commercial acumen. Reporting to Midlands Commercial Manager.
- Attend tender presentations for new projects, contribute, lead commercially and present
- During proposal stage, prepare the budget and prelims build up, obtain and vet trade contractor bids, compile the company information section for the proposal document and collate the overall document
- Prepare trade contractor bid list in conjunction with the Project Manager and obtain approval via team meetings
- Confirm project insurance arrangements
- Prepare and monitor bid package tender schedule and report against the cost plan where required and advise on selection of trade contractors
- Advise client on contract procurement routes available
- Prepare and monitor Subcontract Procurement Schedule, compile trade contract bid documents and carry out tender analysis and issue purchase orders
- Place orders and instruct / manage trade contractors. (Including compiling subcontracts/works contacts/trade contracts)
- Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with the value engineering
- Manage change orders in conjunction with the Site/Project Manager
- Prepare, submit and agree monthly costs reports, collating information from other Project/Assistant surveyors as necessary
- Prepare, submit and agree periodic valuations for work completed to date with trade contractors and the client incl preparation of rolling final account & subsequent final account agreement.
- Prepare Cost/Value Reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Directors responsible.
- Risk & Cash Management.
- Involvement in BD / developing relationships with key clients & design teams
- Competitive salary
- Car/Travel Allowance
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers