Job title: Project Director
Sub location: Nationwide
Function: Project Management
Employment type: Full Time - Permanent
Ensuring that all aspects of project, including but not limited to cost, design, planning, procurement, building commissioning, value engineering, risk, logistics, neighbour relations, safety, quality, M&E, BREEAM, etc. are appropriately managed and monitored.
- Taking successful tenders to site and delivering project(s) to expected quality and safety requirements, budget and specification.
- Setting strategy, direction and overall execution, critical success factors and KPIs across project(s) to shape the approach to project delivery approach and organisation.
- Building and leading successful project delivery team(s); instilling collaborative working ethos with client team, consultants and sub-contractors with detailed definition of roles, responsibilities and procedures.
- Ensuring an integrated communication, monitoring and reporting and forecasting system is set up across project(s) so problems can be detected and resolved quickly and opportunities can be identified and realised.
- Strategic programming, integrating all programmes and functions during each phase from inception to delivery.
- Ensuring change control procedures are implemented across project(s) to maximise value and minimise disruption to project(s).
- Ensuring structured approach to project planning including H&S, execution methods and quality are adopted across project(s).
- Establishing and managing key relationships across different stakeholders, e.g. client team, project team, subcontractors, and setting up regular and clear lines of communication to detect and address issues which may arise.
- In collaboration with Commercial Manager, Monitoring financial position of project(s)
- Ensuring that all aspects of project, including but not limited to cost, design, planning, procurement, building commissioning, value engineering, risk, logistics, neighbour relations, safety, quality, M&E, BREEAM, etc. are appropriately managed and monitored.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Proven ability delivering key project management aspects on very large and/or complex schemes, e.g. project planning, information management, project administration, supply chain performance evaluation, client feedback, etc.
- Proven ability and confident in dealing with complex construction methods, technology, materials and sequencing of construction process based on wide project experience; able to provide advice and guidance to others.
- Able to easily visualise complex specification and drawings, and interpreting programmes, and able to identify any risks and opportunities based on the information provided.
- Proven decision-making skills regarding project finance, accounts and commercial management
- In-depth knowledge and proven ability of dealing with a wide variety of issues relating to contracts, contract documentation, changes to contracts, insurance aspect of projects, statutory requirements, legal framework, safety regulations, environmental legislation.
- In-depth knowledge of current trends in construction industry and market conditions.
- Proven strategic planning skills.
- Proven ability to facilitate risk management reviews, identify and classify project and business risks, reconciling the interaction of various risks and implement viable solutions based on professional experience on a significant range of projects.
- Able to identify business development opportunities.
- Understanding tender list.
- Proven ability to communicating effectively at all levels using a variety of communication styles; avoiding and resolving disputes/conflict in a non-adversarial manner.
- Proven ability to deliver clear and engaging presentations in front of larger groups of people (external & internal), e.g. board reports, client reports, tender presentations, etc.
- Adding value to business by looking to improve the way we work.
- Acting as trusted advisor to clients.
- Achieving recognition within Paragon and externally through qualifications, membership of professional institutions and by sharing knowledge to deliver professional excellence.
- Internally, strong and effective working relationship with Senior Management Teams across all functions of Paragon.
- Externally, manages long-term relationships becoming a primary contact with clients, consultants, supply chain for future business opportunities.
- Build senior project teams' capabilities through coaching and providing new challenges while taking into account their skills, knowledge, experience, existing workloads, and aspirations.
- Manage performance regularly and effectively in line with Company HR policies and processes, e.g. annual appraisals, probationary reviews, grievances and disciplinaries.
- Assess project teams' performance and deals with under-performance.
- Identify potential in people and supports their development by creating new opportunities for them.
- Identify, attract and recruit new employees.
- Provide training & development opportunities across project(s).
- Promote a climate, support and resources, to ensure that continuous learning and individual development is recognised as an imperative to meet Business objectives.
- Act as role model and mentor.
About the Contractor
- A Retail Industrial and Supermarket Build and Fit-out Tier 1 National Contractor.
- During construction and fit-out, they flexible and proactive, and pride themselves on handing over projects on time with no outstanding issues.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the market leading Contractor in the UK.
Click 'Apply Now' and send your CV.