Apply to these jobs
Your CEP Consultant
Email me jobs like this
£110,000 - £130,000 pa
plus relocation package
Date Advertised:2nd March 2020
Start Date:1st April 2020
Tired of working in the UK? Do you want to work internationally but have the benefit of being able to come home every weekend? Do you have you experience of working on large scale construction projects over £100 million? Are you seeking in the region of £110,000 - £130,000. If so please read on....
This is a very interesting opportunity to work for a UK main contractor on a large scale mixed use development based in Amsterdam. The project is in excess of £250 million and is currently at piling stage with at least another 2 years work left out there with the potential of another 3 years and £400 million worth of work.
They need somebody to work as the Project Director reporting into a Construction Director. Basically this role is the main person out on site, being the focal point for all of the sub-contractors, the client likes their PD's to be out on site the majority of the time.
It's a very interesting project with an extremely interesting but challenging client! It's set in an open plan office sitting with the client and they really encourage openness and honesty and like to work in partnership to get ahead of programme and target.
The client are a key main contractor in the UK and have a strong history of delivering complex projects on time and to budget. They have in the last 5 years been working on major projects in Europe and plan to continue to grow this division.
The person that they are looking for:
* Must have worked on major projects over £100 million in the UK as this is using a UK contract.
* Have shown a strong and stable history of working for main contractors and not job hopped.
* Be the type of manager that likes to be out on site working hand in hand with the sub-contractors
The contractor have a good reputation about looking after their staff and understand that this is a big commitment and change in lifestyle for somebody so are being as flexible as they can be with people coming back every weekend.
As well as the salary the relocation package includes an apartment, all costs to and from site and a generous living allowance.
This Project Director will report into the Construction Director:
* Being the focal point for the whole site and being the main contact for the client
* Managing all health and safety on site
* Having weekly update/progress meetings with the client
* Managing the main contractors construction team
* Making amendments to the programme with the on site lead Planner
* Driving the programme on to make the project finish on time and to budget
* Working closely with the Commercial team to keep a tight grasp of budget
I feel this is an ideal opportunity for somebody who is looking to try something new and work internationally but have the luxury of having accommodation paid, the option of coming back every weekend and working on a huge project with an impressive client.
If you would like to know more information please call Ricky on 0203 871 4912 or send in your CV and I will be in touch.