Project Manager - Highways and Tunnels London
We are recruiting for a Project Manager to work for a M&E Contractor on Highways and Tunnels projects. To manage the project team to safely deliver, on time, to stated quality, at minimum cost and to client satisfaction. Acting as the link between the client and other key stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and project management in all facets of the project activities to deliver the project to meet cost, time and quality requirements.
- Developing and managing effective communication and liaison with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure that requirements are identified, assessed and appropriately integrated into the project.
- Working with the client and reporting to the sector manager, responsible for helping to establish the strategy and delivery for the project.
- Working in a client facing role, responsible for leading other team members, developing the clients' strategy, through to assisting in the appointment of the extended professional team of local consultants and contractors.
- Developing the clients brief, delivering strategy and leading the design management, procurement and execution of the scheme.
- Supervising and developing a high performing team that strives for quality, safety, cost and schedule improvements at every opportunity with all delivery partners, challenging and seeking to improve the project deliverables.
- Overseeing that the highest standards of health and safety are considered as a priority through all stages of the project.
- Coordinating, planning and managing internal and external meetings in relation to the project.
- Driving the procurement of services and works required to deliver the project.
- Providing Day to day Management of workforce within the sector/individual projectsnto client system safety and project risk assessment and management process.
You will have:
- Significant experience in managing clients, contractors and coordinating stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Ability to carry a quality inspections and generate onsite solutions to site coordination issues as they arise.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Managing budgets and forecasting expenditure.
- Key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, using a flexible pragmatic approach
- Understanding of the industry best practice
- Previous working experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a client-facing role for a PMC or as a client is essential and working experience of Highways and Tunnel Projects is desired for this position.
Please send your CV to be considered for this role.