Fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join one of the UK's leading contractor on a flagship highways project in Northamptonshire.
The Quality Engineer will provide expertise in the area of Quality specifically to ensure the systems in place are properly executed throughout the project or business.
The role would suit someone from a Site / Section Engineer, Agent background or someone currenly undertaking the role elsewhere.
- Support the Quality Manager in ensuring that the process is in place to deliver right first time to Project specifications, in conjunction with the Project Manager as appropriate. Where required provide training and put measures in place to support this
- Assist the site management team to ensure inspection and test plans are implemented
- Assist in developing specific project / task quality plans
- Undertake assurance that the Quality Plan is being followed and that requirements are being met
- Support the development of either Project or Business Stream Quality strategies or plans and the implementation of measurement frameworks across the scope of services and full project lifecycle
- Support the Quality team in dealing with external auditing governing bodies to maintain existing certification and continuous improvement
- Provide quality improvement performance measures and recommendations, and share best practice
- Produce project and/or business quality reports as required
- Support the delivery of business stream quality programs and actions
- Assist in training, coaching & developing quality skills in business streams
- Support the establishment of a continuous improvement culture
- Undertake specific investigations and/or report on quality related issues as required.
- Drive efficiencies through early project involvement and explore options to provide lean construction by understanding customers' needs and expectations
- Understand Lean principles and how to apply them in construction
Experience and Qualifications:
- This opportunity would suit an individual with an Civil engineering background, presenting an opportunity to broaden experiences gaining skills and expertise in the field of quality. Desirable skills and experience applicable for the role as follows:
- Practical experience in quality management in a relevant business environment
- Experience of working within a quality management framework & KPI measurement
- Knowledge of the Highways sector or experience within a project based organisation
- An understanding of BIM and how to use BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable.