Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £40k to £55k
Work Steam & Sector: Retail (Extension & Fit-Out)
Why are they advertising?
Due to organic growth, and an increased work volume, our client are seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor into their Retail Fit-out division.
The contractor is open to Intermediate to Senior Level Quantity Surveyors
A Contractor who specialise in Fit-out & Refurb projects. Working in the Retail Sector and are a Tier one contractor
You will be working on Food Retail & Non-Food accounts within a dynamic team of Project and Commercial Staff. You will be expected to:
- Attendance to scoping/survey meetings.
- Liaison with Client Project Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager.
- Subcontractor enquiries.
- Subcontractor cost analysis.
- Provide support to Commercial Manager.
- Placing of Subcontractor orders.
- Provide support to delivery teams.
- Preparing budget costings, bills of quantities.
- Capable of managing a number of projects at one time.
- Commercial reporting.
- Undertaking valuations.
- Prepare/submit final accounts.
- Arranging payments to Subcontractors.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Final accounting.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all commercial & contractual functions, overseeing one Retail Account/Clients.
- Responsibility for and assisting to develop and implement overall strategy, growth and profitability.
- A degree level qualification is preferred. The successful candidate shall report direct to the Retail Director and Commercial Director and have commercial responsibility for the whole account.
Typical Duties and Activities
- Resolving contractual and commercial problem
- Discovering areas that are not in-keeping with regulation practices
- Offering direction and instruction
- Risk assessment
- Reviewing and developing operational process flows
- Ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties
- Overseeing financial KPIs
- Strong educational background
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong Negotiator
- Good numeracy skills
- Being able to work with a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Exemplary communication skills
- Client liaising
- High attention to detail
- High understanding of construction processes
- Strong contractual knowledge
- Ability to manage a team
- With the right attitude the opportunity for career progression and personal development is ample.
- Just Click 'Apply Now' and / or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org