Quantity Surveyor wanted initially working as part of the Quantity Surveying team on a large new city centre high rise residential development in Birmingham, reporting to a resident Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Responsible for all financial aspects of projects working closely with the Project Team to control all commercial & contractual matters. Deliver desired margin return utilising high standards of commercial acumen.
- Attend tender presentations for new projects, contribute, lead commercially and present
- During proposal stage, prepare the budget and prelims build up, obtain and vet trade contractor bids, compile the company information section for the proposal document and collate the overall document
- Prepare trade contractor bid list in conjunction with the Project Manager and obtain approval via team meetings
- Confirm project insurance arrangements
- Prepare and monitor bid package tender schedule and report against the cost plan where required and advise on selection of trade contractors
- Advise client on contract procurement routes available
- Prepare and monitor Subcontract Procurement Schedule, compile trade contract bid documents and carry out tender analysis and issue purchase orders
- Place orders and instruct / manage trade contractors. (Including compiling subcontracts/works contacts/trade contracts)
- Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with the value engineering
- Manage change orders in conjunction with the Site/Project Manager
- Prepare, submit and agree monthly costs reports, collating information from other Project/Assistant surveyors as necessary
- Prepare, submit and agree periodic valuations for work completed to date with trade contractors and the client incl preparation of rolling final account & subsequent final account agreement.
- Prepare Cost/Value Reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Directors responsible.
- Risk & Cash Management.
- Involvement in BD / developing relationships with key clients & design teams
- Competitive salary
- Car/Travel Allowance
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers