Job Title: Planner
Job Type: Fixed Term or Permanent
Sector: Fit-Out (Commercial Office Refurbishment/Fit-Out)
Why are they advertising?
Due to organic growth, and an increased work volume during our client are seeking to appoint Planer.
Our client is a National Tier 1 contractor who specialize in Fit-out & Refurb projects. Working in various sectors i.e the Commercial Refurb Sector, Banking Sector and Retail Sector.
- Capable of working across one or more commercial office refurbishment projects. The position is based primarily in Warrington
- The role requires a flexible approach and could occasionally involve visiting projects
- Alternatively, candidates with a proven track record of managing building services delivery within the Interiors Cat A and Cat B new fit out and refurbishment sector will be considered.
Knowledge & Ability:
- Capable of Planning for interior fit out projects ranging from £1M to £15M.
- Proficiency in Asta Power project Essential (Training can be provided if necessary)
- Experience of Preparing Tender Programmes and supporting information
- Capability to take planning process from tender to contract close out, contract and target programmes in sufficient detail to add value to contract in terms of contractual arrangements and progress / forecast information
- Ability to communicate the planning strategy to the wider team, project teams and senior management.
- Experience of working within a collaborative environment
- Accountable for the provision of expertise and systems for the planning and scheduling and project controls across a variety of tenders and live projects in the London region, thus promoting good planning practice to a recognised company standard across all projects.
- Ensure that all tenders and projects are planned to a standard meeting industry and company good practice thus reducing risk / exposure to project margins from time related issues.
- To manage the planning, programming and progress control as an integral member of the management team, responsible for all aspects of tender and project planning, programming and progress monitoring, including information flow, procurement, and site works
- To liaise with clients, designers, subcontractors, suppliers and local authorities and undertakings on all matters relating to planning and programming
- Ensuring the production of fully integrated programmes in the format required by the customer and project team that includes design, procurement, consents, construction and commissioning
- Appraisal and co-ordination of subcontractor's programmes and feedback to them on changing main programme information
- To prepare and present reports on programme and progress on all aspects of the project, and to attend and contribute to site meetings and other associated meetings
- Update progress and production of variance reports as required including critical path and activity count analysis with mitigation proposals
- Assist in the management of change in regards of impact on programmes and progress.
- Working collaboratively and openly with the delivery team in the production and reporting of the programme and maintaining a good working relationship with them.
For us, the right fit is important your; progressive, innovative, problem solving team members and for this role people management is key.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the market leading Contractor in the UK.
Just click 'Apply Now' and send your CV.