Senior Quantity Surveyor wanted to join a Tier 1 contractor on projects within the Southern Water Non-Infrastructure framework during AMP6.
You will be responsible for management input to related aspects including estimating, design procurement, supply chain procurement.
The conditions of contract for the main contract are NEC3 Option C with Z clauses. The conditions of contract for subcontracts will be based on NEC3.
- Supervision and performance of the commercial aspects of projects
- Encouragement and creation of a teamwork culture, recognising the responsibilities of the line management structure
- Responsibility for the quantity surveying functions
- Assistance in the procurement of subcontracts
- To maximise profitability working within the requirements of the conditions of contract
- Participation in the management of the team including management of resource levels, providing direction, leadership, and assessing the training and development requirements of quantity surveying staff
- Provision of commercial expertise
- Provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the management team
- Maintain commercial information to the contract
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant experience covering commercial management, quantity surveying, project management and estimating services, and a sound understanding of commercial risk analysis and assessment within a Contractor
- Solid understanding of NEC3 conditions of contract
- Knowledge and experience of cost and value reporting, cash flow forecasting
- Contract claims experience
- Procurement of subcontractors
- Experience of supervising quantity surveying staff
- Experienced in negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating to customers and suppliers
- Experienced in the management of staff, including managing performance development and following disciplinary procedures
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent commercially related discipline
- Preferably a member of RICS or ICE
- Relevant CSCS card