Senior Site Manager
£260-300 per day
Are you a freelance site manager looking for your next contract to take you into next year? Do you have demonstratable experience working on schemes with large scaffold installations and public interface? Do you have experience working on heritage restoration projects?
McGinley CEP are recruiting for a Senior Site Manager to start immediately on the restoration of a grade 1 listed building in Edinburgh City Centre, comprising of stone baluster replacement and repair works, lime mortar repairs and repointing, along with the refurbishment of sash windows. There are works to undertake to various roofs at each elevation to address roof leaks. To access the works, significant scaffolding needs to be erected which involves a high interface with members of the public.
You will ideally have experience of working on structures involving works similar to the scope described above and of a heritage nature. You must have experience of working on schemes with large scaffold installations and public interface. This contract will run through to the completion of the project in March 2020.
Roles & Responsibilities;
- Understands and develops the agreed strategy conceived in the bid phase for project delivery.
- Ensure measures are established and then monitored for the timely production and issue of design related information such as design programmes, technical submittals, RFI registers and MIRS.
- Review design drawings for buildability and co-ordination. Raise RFI's where appropriate.
- Input into production of the risk / opportunity register. Include exceptional risks / opportunities into the project Business Plan and initiate actions to mitigate risks/ opportunities.
- Identify the quality expectations and embrace these in the Quality Plan. Implement measures to ensure compliance with the customer requirements and project business plan.
- Develop and implement site establishment and ensure the efficient and effective management of site logistics.
- Implement all statutory regulatory and company requirements for managing Health and Safety. Ensure compliance with H & S plan.
- Implement all statutory, regulatory and company requirements for environmental and waste management. Ensure compliance with project Environmental and Waste Management Plans.
- Develop and implement detailed programmes and schedules which allow accurate monitoring and reporting of progress, and implement actions to achieve targeted performance.
- Establish a communications plan including information management procedures for the project and agree accountabilities for team members.
- Manage and discharge all regulatory requirements with regard to planning and building regulations approvals.
- Chair and minute sub-contractor meetings.
- Assign specific H&S accountabilities to the site team (if applicable) as identified on the project compliance checklist.
- Identify, communicate to the team the requirements and put measures in place to ensure the successful handover of the project. Including support to customer/ end user throughout the handover process.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Experience of leading a team.
- A track record of successful delivery of projects up to £2m in value.
- Experience working on heritage restoration schemes or large scale external refurb projects.
- Well-developed knowledge of health & safety, company procedures, legislation and practice.
- Excellent site management skills.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Produce, read and accurately interpret programmes.
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Duty to Manage Asbestos (this can be completed prior to start)
- Scaffold management and inspection
- Temporary works management
- Fire Management
- Working at Heights
If this is the ideal role for you then please apply online or email your CV and contact details to email@example.com