£45,000 - £52,000
Bristol, City of Bristol, UK
car/allowance and benefits
Date Advertised:15th November 2018
Start Date:15th December 2018
Excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Site Agent to work within my clients Highways division to work on a flagship highways project in Avonmouth.
The succesful Site Agent will look after the technical aspects of the project to include 6 week look aheads andn procurement of materials.
- Ensure all necessary pre-construction documentation has been completed in a timely manner, ensure that the physical construction works can be executed safely, to the defined quality and in line with the project programme/outputs. This pre-construction documentation will include, but not limited to: WPP's, Quality Plans, ITP's, Temporary works designs.
- Management of Key Performance Indicators that are defined by both client and company.
- Ensure all works are executed in accordance with the companies BMS (Business Management System)
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- To programme works in conjunction with nominated contractor and provide short term and as built programmes as required.
- Liaise with the design team to ensure the design deliverables are received in time for efficient delivery of the site works
- Monitor that the Buying team and commercial department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations. Ensure subcontractors comply with GT Standards.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of HND (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
- Must have Civil Engineering experience gained with a civil engineering main contractor rather (UK or overseas)
- Experience in a project environment
- Experience delivering highway and roadwork projects
- Exposure on new build structure schemes will also be a distinct advantage
- CSCS Managers Category
- Temporary works experience preferable
- Ability to scrutinise design information and provide value adding input to ensure the optimum solutions are developed for the construction phase.