£240-250 per day
Are you a freelance site manager looking for your next contract to take you into next year? Do you have demonstratable experience working on Cat B office fit outs?
McGinley CEP are recruiting for a Site Manager to start immediately on a Cat B office fit out over 7 floors in Edinburgh city centre, covering 190,000sqft. You will have specific responsibility for the ceilings, partitions and glazed screen packages as well as having responsibility and ownership for two floors of the building. You must have proven experience of working on CAT B projects of a similar scale in recent years. This contract will run through to the completion of the project in March 2020.
Roles & Responsibilities;
- Manage sub-contractors on site to work safely and economically, by co-ordination of all trades.
- Implement all statutory regulatory and company requirements for managing Health and Safety - ensure compliance with H & S plan.
- Implement all statutory, regulatory and company requirements for environmental and waste management. Ensure compliance with project Environmental and Waste Management Plans.
- Fulfil H&S accountabilities as identified on the project compliance checklist.
- Ensure that the quality management arrangements identified within the Project Quality Plan are put in place for those packages or trades they are accountable for.
- Chair and minute sub-contractor meetings.
- Monitor and understand position against contract programme, discuss and agree recovery programmes with the Project Manager.
- Agree sub-contractor's long and short-term programmes and monitor performance against these programmes.
- Maintain accurate site record, daily diaries and weekly progress reports.
- Manage direct site labour and maintain accurate records.
- Review design drawings for buildability and co-ordination. Raise RFI's where appropriate.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Experience of leading a team.
- A track record of successful delivery of projects up to £2m in value.
- Cat B project experience, preferably commercial office space.
- Well-developed knowledge of health & safety, company procedures, legislation and practice.
- Excellent site management skills.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Produce, read and accurately interpret programmes.
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Duty to Manage Asbestos (this can be completed prior to start)
- Scaffold management and inspection (Advantageous)
- Temporary works management (Advantageous)
If this is the ideal role for you then please apply online or email your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org