£240-250 per day
Are you a freelance site manager looking for your next contract? Do you have demonstratable experience working on fast track fit out projects?
McGinley CEP are recruiting for a Site Manager to start immediately on a retail banking fast track fit out project in Barnsley.
The project will be on nights for the first 4 weeks where the branch will remain trading and then a full closure for a further 5 weeks. The works will consist of a full strip out of the branch and a full instatement of the M&E services, IT and data. There will be extensive building works and a full remodelling and refurbishment internally and externally across 2 floors.
Previous experience working on similar banking projects would be useful but not mandatory.
Roles & Responsibilities;
- Manage sub-contractors on site to work safely and economically, by co-ordination of all trades.
- Implement all statutory regulatory and company requirements for managing Health and Safety - ensure compliance with H & S plan.
- Implement all statutory, regulatory and company requirements for environmental and waste management. Ensure compliance with project Environmental and Waste Management Plans.
- Fulfil H&S accountabilities as identified on the project compliance checklist.
- Ensure that the quality management arrangements identified within the Project Quality Plan are put in place for those packages or trades they are accountable for.
- Chair and minute sub-contractor meetings.
- Monitor and understand position against contract programme, discuss and agree recovery programmes with the Project Manager.
- Agree sub-contractor's long and short-term programmes and monitor performance against these programmes.
- Maintain accurate site record, daily diaries and weekly progress reports.
- Manage direct site labour and maintain accurate records.
- Review design drawings for buildability and co-ordination. Raise RFI's where appropriate.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Experience of leading a team.
- A track record of successful delivery of projects circa £750k in value.
- Previous experience working on similar banking projects would be useful but not mandatory.
- Well-developed knowledge of health & safety, company procedures, legislation and practice.
- Excellent site management skills.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Produce, read and accurately interpret programmes.
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Duty to Manage Asbestos (this can be completed prior to start)
- Scaffold management and inspection (Advantageous)
- Temporary works management (Advantageous)
If this is the ideal role for you then please apply online or email your CV and contact details to email@example.com